About Me–Timika S Chambers
When contemplating what to write about myself, I thought of all my experiences. But, then I remembered that my experiences don’t define me. I do. So, here you go!
- I am part of a greater Spirit that created the world and beyond.
- I am on an earthly mission to express Love through writing. The areas I write in are children’s books, memoirs, poems, and screenplays. This year, I wrote my first screenplay, and it was a lot of fun. I want to help people remember who they are and fulfill their divine purpose.
- My experiences help remind me of who I am and what I’m here to do.
- My life has a purpose.
- Everyone has artistic gifts (architecture/construction, dancer, painter, speaker, writing, speaking, etc.), and they are the mediums by which we express Love.
- There is enough for all. There is no need for competition, jealousy, resentment, vengeance, and other ill emotions and feelings.
- Children should enjoy life and not carry generational wounds.
- I should be able to live my life without the opposition of others.
- God uses experiences for the greater good of all.
- I have what I need to pursue my creative endeavors.
- God designed my outer covering (color, nose, eyes, hair) for my earthly journey.
- All experiences build upon the next. I chose to climb the mountain of betterment after my abuse experience and other experiences after that.
- Within me is the ability to express love or hate. I choose Love.
- Truth is accessible and available. No matter what I go through, I am never alone.
- My beliefs help direct and guide my path.
- My body is the fantastic vehicle for sharing my divine message.
- There is always something to learn about myself.
- No one is greater or lesser than the other.
- I can break the generational cycle of pain by creating a generational cycle of love.
- Everything I need to know about life is in nature.
- The Truth needs no confirmation and comes in many forms.
- I earn my living by expressing my divine gifts and lessons learned from my experiences.
- There is always a way to get something done.
- I believe in second chances.
- What I believe about myself, I believe about others.
I hold a Master’s as a Nurse Educator and a BSN in nursing. I have over 20 years in the healthcare industry. I’ve completed training as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. I hold American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer and certification as a Diabetes Care Education Specialist (aka Diabetes Educator).
My hobbies include:
- Cooking. I love creating traditional foods with a healthy kick.
- Gardening. I love eating crisp vegetables and whole fruits. The idea of something coming from a small seed blows my mind.
- Biographies. I love listening to and seeing real life stories of people overcoming life experiences.
- Journaling. Besides gloves, masks, and my purse, I always have a notebook and pencils and pens.
- Listening to music. I love listening to some country music ( Celine Dion, Tim McGraw, etc.) gospel, and R& B. One of my favorite stations for gospel music is Klove.
- Movies. I love watching comedy (somewhat clean), drama (family), and action movies. My favorite actors are Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Angela Bassett, Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Loretta Devine, Meg Ryan, Julia Roberts, Regina King, Richard Gere, Viola Davis, and others.
- Reading empowering, insightful, and inspirational works. My favorite authors include James Allen, Julia Cameron, Louise Hay, Gary Zukav, Dale Carnegie, Eckhart Tolle, Maya Angelou, Norman Vincent Peale, Tony Morrison, Wayne Dyer, Jack Canfield, Deepak Chopra, etc.
- Sitting out in nature. I love seeing God’s beautiful creation and letting my mind wander.
- Spending time with husband and two children, a boy and a girl.
- Walking. Ever since I was a young girl, I’ve enjoyed walking because it clears my mind and allows my mind to bond with nature.
My Journey Thus Far:
I was born in Memphis, Tennessee. After 4 1/2 years, my mother bought one-way bus tickets. And with three children under the age of 5, two suitcases, and $4000, she left an abusive marriage. Between the ages of 5–10, two family members led me into the dark wilderness of sexual abuse. Five years later, after the secret was out, I called out to nature for help. A series of events happened. I don’t remember the order, but I consumed the King James Bible, learned about Jesus Christ and His commitment to His purpose, and stored the Lord’s prayer in my heart.
My belief in a Higher Power opened the door to a spiritual healing journey. For years, I thought my nursing path was a detour, but it, along with my faith, helped me avoid many of the reported childhood sexual abuse consequences. Through it all, I never gave up on my childhood dreams. I have traveled to some beautiful places. I am married to a guy less than five years older than me. He has brown and green eyes, and I have a curly head boy and girl. I’ve had many of my dreams come true, including living next to the Ocean, beautiful mountains, and several poised trees.
Works in Progress:
- Memoirs: I completed the manuscript of my memoir, The Audacity To Write My Truth, about my childhood sexual abuse, the lessons I learned. I have other memoirs in the works.
- Screenplays: I have one completed script related to family drama, and I have another one halfway completed. My scripts deal with breaking the generational cycle of pain.
My Next Desires:
I want to work with like-minded people who have a relentless determination to make the world a better place.
I look forward to seeing the rest of my life unfold.
Make this lifetime great! You deserve to!