As a child, I didn’t know:
- what bullying, manipulation, incestual sexual abuse, and sexual assault meant.
- I needed to heal from childhood sexual abuse.
- Individuals who experienced childhood sexual abuse were at an increased risk of dropping out of high school and experience anxiety, depression, insomnia, teenage pregnancy, and substance abuse.
- Being in an abusive environment increased my risk of being abused.
Therefore, I relied on what I believed, heard, and saw.
- I was here for a purpose.
- True Love is possible.
- Life had more to show me.
- I am a student of life.
- The Voice of reason within me. I had a connection to something greater than me, and I needed to listen.
- My mother’s life principles including giving from the heart, living another day, cleaning your heart, taking care of what you have so God could bless you with more, listening, and how you do not need to create the past.
- Positive reinforcement from my mother, brothers, other family members, friends, and teachers
- The two family members and many others get on with their lives, so I chose to get on with mine.
- Beautiful, poised, strong trees endure extreme temperatures, and each year, they looked better than the last one.
- Character traits I wanted and did not want in movies and television shows.
In my case, what I didn’t know, helped me. I dug deep within and called out for nature’s help. I do not minimize any experience anyone goes through. I know how important it is to understand how something affected us, but, I know our beliefs and what we hear and see impact our healing path from traumatic experiences.
Research and statistics have their place, but you do not have to put limits on how you should feel, respond, and think about your life experiences.
Make this lifetime great!
You deserve it!
MSN BSN RN, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, ACE Fitness Instructor, CDCES
P.S. I would love for you to join my community of being bent on using our experiences as stepping stones to our divine purpose, healing from the inside out, and achieving and sustaining optimal health. Join below.