What symptoms are you having or have been having, and you have been ignoring or put off for another time?What is your body trying to tell you? Are you tired majority of the day, anxious, frustrated, angry, or experiencing any other feelings/ emotions that are not healthy for you. Are you listening? Are you overwhelmed?
A lightbulb moment…Let your light shine and not be dulled by being overwhelmed.
Will you work yourself so much that you will not be able to enjoy retirement? Will you make it to retirement? Will you be there for your young children, teenagers, adult children, grandchildren, etc. when they need you the most?
1. Are you getting enough sleep at night? 7-8 hours? With rest periods during the day?
2. Are you waking up in the morning to plan your day to prevent feeling overwhelmed?
3. Are you keeping routine appointments with your healthcare provider?
4. Are you a student of your health? of your body? Are you researching your health condition and how to maintain optimal health or being the healthiest you can be? Are you proactive in preventive health?
5. Are you taking your medications/ treatments? Are you checking your blood sugar if you have diabetes or prediabetes? Are you using your peak flow meter if you have asthma?
Do you want to pay the small cost that comes with prevention now or the large bills that come with hospitalizations later?
What does your health mean to you? Whatever your health means to you, it will show in your actions.
We may not get it right every day.
Life is a process, hoping that we make progress so that we can reap the rewards of good health.
I try to keep a crucial fact in mind…You are replaceable. Life goes on. So think twice about your caseload and why you are doing what you are doing.