Lesson 2: “Keep on Trucking”
“You may feel alone or feel like you are the only one traveling on a road. The path may appear dark. You might not even have clear directions to where you are going. “Follow your heart”, mom would say, and she still says it today. It’s not about the crowd that’s following you. It’s about being true to yourself.
1. Decide what it is that brings you joy.
2. Let go of the things or change what is not bringing you joy. Trust yourself.
3. Speak up for yourself. Know your voice and use it. If you do not advocate for yourself, who will?
4. Learn from life experiences and keep moving forward holding your head high.
5. Be proud of yourself and give yourself credit for the work you have done.”
My mother’s words of wisdom
Notes on life