Listen to the message instead of judging the messenger
Someone shared on Facebook how she received an important message from someone she did not think she would. Thank you…You know who you are.
This message she shared on Facebook brought back some memories of how all of a sudden I would be with someone, not looking for a message, and that person shared some knowledge with me that made whatever I was going through so clear or even gave me an answer to something that was puzzling me. I have thought on several occasions that “this person must be heaven-sent.” Evidently, I judged this person or else I would not have been surprised, knowing deep within that God will use anyone to relay a message. If I do not pay attention, I could miss out.
One still has to be somewhat cautious;however, one should not just think because this person:
1. is in a lower or higher socioeconomic class than I
2. has no high school degree or even a college degree
3. grew up in the south or in the “hood”
4. is younger than I, even a child
5. is older than I and not “up-to-date”
6. has not been through what I have been through
7. has been in jail, mental institute, or rehab
8. is from a different background whether race, religion, ethnic group
9. is blind, cannot speak or hear
10. is an alcoholic
Or any others, that I cannot learn from them.
Listen and learn from those that God chooses to teach you, not the ones you want to teach you….Wow!
I would always say listen to the message instead judging the messenger. It is one thing to say it and intellectually know it…It is another to be about it. Teach me!
Timika Chambers RN BSN MSN CDE
Author “A mother’s words of wisdom. From my heart to yours. Building within”
Pingback: Listen to the message instead of judging the messenger « Timika Chambers