Part Of Accepting My Truth Was Shining The Lights On My Myths Part 1.
Often, what imprisons us are our beliefs and expectations about people. I knew I had to shine the light on my assumptions to set myself free of anger, disappointment, and magnetizing friends.
Here are five major myths I demystify in Chapter One of my soon-to-be-published memoir, Bent Not Broken.
- Older individuals are wise and always make the right decisions. Truth: Wisdom is a choice, and because someone is older does not mean they always do the right thing.
2. People are less likely to believe you when the person abusing you is liked or popular. Truth: The Truth is the truth, regardless of the person telling it and the one involved.
3. All family members care for you and protect you from harm. Truth: Everyone experiences anger, jealousy, and other emotions and does not always deal with their emotions and feelings in healthy ways. Sometimes pain blinds people from others’ pain.
4. Telling on family members is breaking a family code. Talking back to an adult or talking while an adult talked got you the wrong look or a smack across the face. Truth: We must hold everyone accountable for their actions regardless of family ties, social status, and any other distractions to accountability.
5. People will not like me if I do not comply with their desires. Truth: I am not here to be liked by others. The Truth does not care about clicks.
I didn’t realize my assumptions all at once. As you know, healing is a process, and each day provided me priceless treasures in understanding the weakened areas in my foundation.
What myths about people are you still holding onto? How important is it that you reexamine your beliefs about people and life?
Make this lifetime great!
MSN BSN RN, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, ACE Fitness Instructor, CDCES
P.S. I would love for you to join my community of being bent on using our experiences as stepping stones to our divine purpose, healing from the inside out, and achieving and sustaining optimal health. Join below. Also check out this week’s podcast below.